The outgoing model 2018 GMC Acadia lacked in the case of fuel economy and caused a higher level of emission. Thus addressing these drawbacks, the automaker is about to launch its new Acadia recently.
This car since the beginning is known as one of the best SUV cars that provide a lot of comfort to the passenger irrespective of the terrain. Let’s now look into the facts about this outstanding SUV from the GMC and know how this vehicle excels itself from its previous edition.
2018 GMC Acadia- The things to expect!
Addressing the drawbacks of the previous model, a whole new upgrade was due for a long time for GMC Acadia.
- It is speculated that 2018 GMC Acadia. This car has been made on the lambda platform of GM, which is superior in agility, stability, and hardness.
- There will be upgraded navigation system in GMC Acadia 2018 model.
- Raising the fuel economy will be in main focus.
- This will have both all wheel drive and rear wheel drive for easy off-roading.
- All wheel drive system will be there to provide essential power to any wheel whenever necessary.
- Function of Auto Braking at Low Speed will probably be there.
- Parking Assist expected to be there for better security.
- Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning is speculated in the upcoming model.
Whatever the changes are, be ready! This new car is all set to turn a lot of heads toward it’s with its vivid colors like deep blue, pure black, iceberg silver and much more coupled with a muscular look and explicit features within few months.
2018 GMC Acadia – Powertrain and Performance
- 3.6-litre V6 SLT engine
- 2.5-litre V6 unit
- 2.0-litre I4 Turbodiesel engine
There are three engine options for the GMC Acadia 2018. First one will produce 310 hp along with 300 lb-ft. torque. The second one will churn out 255 hp and 276 lb-ft. torque. Being one of the best off-road SUV, the 2018 GMC Acadia will provide fuel economy of 18 mpg on highways and 25 mpg while cruising on the highway.
However, the I4 engine can provide a higher amount of mpg. This engine is able to provide 30 mpg on an average. In recent days news is coming that the upcoming model will have a third engine option that can provide 210 hp along with 234 lb-ft. torque.
This can run on both diesel and petrol. Automatic and manual gear option will be available depending upon the market in which it is selling. In addition to this, these finely tuned engines can take this car from 0 to 60 miles per hour within 9 seconds.
2018 GMC Acadia – Changes in Interior and Exterior
The 2018 GMC Acadia will be available numerous exterior and interior changes. Here’s an account of some of those modifications.
- There will be LED headlights
- Front and rear bumper will become much broader and would have chrome garnishing
- Side skirt will be modified to give it aggressive look
- On the interior side, premium leather wheel steering wheel could come as standard
- It is expected that a 9” infotainment system will be installed in this car
- Fold-Flat Second and heated Front-row Seats
- Contrast Stitching
2018 GMC Acadia – Release Date and Price
Pricing of GMC Acadia 2018 is yet to be announced. However, it is speculated that this car will be available in showrooms within $46,000 price bracket. The base model will approximately cost $30,000 and the price will go up according to the trim of the buyer is choosing.
Now, when it comes to the availability of the car in showrooms, then there is no information either. Seeing rigorous road tests and listening to the rumors, it is expected that 2018 GMC Acadia will be launched by the 3rd quarter of 2018.