The 2018 GMC Terrain Denali will hit markets late in 2017 to maintain GMC’s stance in the compact SUV section. Since its launch in 2009, GMC Terrain series of vehicles were a hit among American drivers. Approximately 700,000 units have been sold till date. The Denali variant is especially appreciated among customers for its luxurious build.
2018 GMC Terrain Denali – Signature Denali Touch
The 2018 GMC Terrain Denali shares the same D2XX platform as the Chevrolet Equinox apart from other key components. Designers at GMC have however created some outstanding styles on the body to make it look unique. More prominent chrome grilles, Denali specific logos, new C-shape headlamps and taillights, also chrome bumpers and roof rails give a macho look to the vehicle.
The new designs include wrap-around side windows with smaller D-pillars. The whole body has Denali specific accents with body color fascias, lower trim, and also body side molding. The vehicle will retain the boxy square arc over the wheels.
The 2018 GMC Terrain Denali provides a cargo space of 29.6 cubic feet and 63.3 cubic feet when back seats are folded. 39.7 inches of leg room and 51.8 inches of a hip room are available for rear seat passengers.
Ground clearance of 65.4 inches along with unique 19-inch ultra-bright aluminum wheels will ensure an exceptional driving experience.
Drivers will get to see a lot of chrome and aluminum parts in the interior of the new Denali. Top-class cowhide leather will be used for the upholstery. At the center of the console will be an 8-inch color touch screen. GMC Intellilink infotainment system will include Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Functionality features, also with a Bose premium 7 speaker sound system. However, OnStar 4G LTE Wi-Fi Hotspot is a bonus for online geeks. An advanced noise cancellation system is in place.
Also, heated steering wheel with multifunction features automatic hands-free liftgate, and side-by-side cupholders are other luxury additions.
New GMC Terrain Denali 2018 promises to be a safe vehicle as quite some safety features are included in it: –
- Vibrating safety alert seat.
- Forward collision alert system.
- Low-speed forward collision alert.
- Lane keeps assist, lane departure warning, lane change alert.
- Side blind zone detection system.
- Rear cross traffic alert system using RADAR and camera technology.
- Rear Seat reminder for drivers to not forget rear passengers before locking the car.
- Teen Driver system.
- myGMC smartphone application to remotely start the car, unlock doors, pre-load destination into navigation.
- Smart traction select system with a knob at the rear of the console.
- Electronic Precision Shift Gear using buttons and switches instead of a lever.
- Surround vision camera system for better parking assist.
2018 GMC Terrain Denali – Engine and Performance
The 2018 GMC Terrain Denali engine might feature a 2.4-liter I-4 VVT DI variant with 182 hp and 171 lb-ft. output and also a 3.6-litre V-6 VVT SIDI variant with an output of 301 hp. The former variant will be a two-fuel engine capable of operating on E85 ethanol and regular gas.
2018 GMC Terrain Denali – Price
Poised to launch in SL, SLE and also SLT trims as well; Terrain Denali will be priced at around $40,000 provided the luxurious additions.