The 2018 Chevy Malibu is expected to build upon this strong foundation laid by its previous models. Chevrolet has delivered some highly popular automobiles in past decades. With specialization in sedan segment, Chevy has rarely disappointed the masses or makers General Motors. Chevy Malibu is one such sedan which had performed well even when the market was undulating, and other automobiles in this segment were not performing all that well.
2018 Chevy Malibu – A Charming mid-sized sedan
Sedan segment has always seen a strong competition. It is primarily because of a large number of options available in the market. Chevrolet’s response to rivals Toyota and Honda are 2018 Chevy Malibu, which will continue to bear a resemblance to Impala and Cruze.
Look and Features:
A major facelift is not expected. The design is consistent with Malibu family. A newer model may be introduced in the year 2020. A wide array of comfort and safety equipment will be available such as 7 or 8-inch touch display, rearview monitor, pushbutton ignition, Android Auto and Apple CarPLay, etc. Premium model will house automatic braking system, auto head lights, adaptive cruise control, parking assistance, a warning system for rear and front parking proximity, the warning system for lane departure, and also wireless charging for mobiles.
Engine Capabilities and Expected Mileage
No big surprises are to be expected here. However, the same variants are to be expected which we could find in the 2017 make. The engine choices are specified below-
- Turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 1.5-liter capacity. The engine is rated at 160 hp power and torque of 184 lb-ft.
- Also, a turbocharged 4-cylinder engine with 2.0-liter capacity. The engine comes with a rating of 250 hp and 258 lb-ft. This variant will be available in the top trim model.
- A hybrid engine variant with a 1.8-liter displacement will still be available. The engine will be coupled with two electrical motors which will offer 182 hp. Self-charging battery back gets charged during driving via energy recovered through deceleration and braking.
The economy of Chevy Malibu 2018 will be the same as previous model.
- The base model will offer EPA of 30/27/30 mpg combined/highway/city.
- The premium model will offer EPA of 26/33/22 mpg combined/highway/city.
2018 Chevy Malibu – Drivetrain and Transmission
- The base model will have the 1.5-liter engine coupled to a six-speed automatic transmission with FWD (front wheels drive).
- Also, the higher trim variant with the 2.0-liter unit will be coupled to a nine-speed automatic transmission.
2018 Chevy Malibu – Expected Price and Release Date
The base model of Chevy Malibu 2018 will be priced at $23,000. The premium model will cost up to $35,000. Also, the hybrid engine variant will start from $30,000. The 2018 Chevy Malibu will be out on the streets by autumn of this year (2017).
With an excellent fuel economy and a plethora of features, the 2018 Chevy Malibu is expected to enjoy and bask in the market acceptance that it has received thus far.