If you are looking for a dependable, full-size, hard working SUV for all of your daily needs, look no further than the 2018 GMC Yukon. It’s tough enough to haul lumber and classy enough for a night out on the town. Its ample size is an added bonus, capable of accommodating a big family or a lot of friends, with three rows of seating where up to nine people can sit comfortably and safely. With its updated design and high-level performance, it’s no wonder that the 2018 GMC Yukon is already expected to be a leader in the field of SUVs today.
2018 GMC Yukon – Exterior and Interior Changes
With the exception of now being built on a patented k2UG platform, making it lighter and more energy/fuel efficient, it is rumored that there will not be any major changes to the exterior of the GMC Yukon.
After all, why change something that is perfect? Small details will change to reflect the more luxurious style, such as:
- A slightly redone, more aerodynamic front design
- Redesigned front and rear bumpers
- LED headlights, for added vision and circumference of field while driving
- Redesigned taillights
- Sportier design overall, with some rounded edges and curves
- New paint colors
- Available 18, 20 or 22inch aluminum or chrome wheels
Expected are a number of changes inside the GMC Yukon 2018 which will enhance the driving experience and provide an overall feeling of luxury, while also maintaining its current level of sophistication. Manufacturers will now be utilizing upgraded materials inside the cabin such as chrome and aluminum accents, wood grain parts and more durable, sophisticated trim. There are many new features being added which will make your driving experience spectacular, such as:
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto-included taking advantage of hands-free communication, apps and music integration and much more.
- In-car 4G built in hotspot. Where ever you go, take the world with you. Never again will you be caught off guard. Now, you have the power of discovery right inside the cabin.
- Updated rear-view camera provides an extra level of peace of mind. No more blind spots when backing up.
- Updated navigation systems, directly linked to the most up to date services. Never get lost again.
- Integrated USB and Bluetooth technology, making connectivity a snap.
- Intellilink full-color touch screen radio integrates all types of radio seamlessly.
- Premium Bose nine-speaker sound system with a subwoofer included.
2018 GMC Yukon – Engine Upgrades
Under the hood of the 2018 GMC Yukon are built to last engines. In 2018, the base models (the SLE and SLT) will utilize the same motor as the 2017 models, which is a 5.3-liter V8 with 355 hp. The Denali will feature a 6.2-liter V8, which will deliver 420 hp and also 460 lb. of torque. Both models will have direct fuel injection standard. In short, they will still be beasts.
2018 GMC Yukon – Price Range and Release Date
Though not official, the anticipated MSRP for the 2018 GMC Yukon are as follows:
- The SLE will start at about $51,000
- The SLT will start at about $60,000
- The Denali will start at about $70,000
Though there has not been an official announcement from the company yet, it is expected that the 2018 GMC Yukon models will be made available to the public at some point mid-2018.